World Health Organization (WHO) Updates
CDC and Coronavirus Prevention
NAIS resources for independent schools and the Coronavirus
The WHO interactive map tracking the virus spread
Florida Department of Health Palm Beach County
- Stay home when you are sick
- Stay home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicines
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and properly discard tissue immediately
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face
- Use at least a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
Coronavirus Update 8.11.21
All past communication
Greetings from Grandview,
We thank you for your patience as we thoroughly reviewed our responsibilities and rights as an independent school pertaining to recent changes in Florida law related to Covid-19. Grandview remains committed to a safe and vibrant in-person learning experience for our community. Our updated policy has been shaped by the data, counsel, and research done by top professionals in the fields of health, law, and education.
As a community, Grandview has consistently prioritized the health of our students, faculty, and staff during this difficult time. Per our legal obligation, and with the health and safety of each individual in mind, all staff, faculty, students, and visitors will be required to wear masks while indoors. Please know we understand how strongly members of our community may feel about this decision. We are confident that as a community, keeping our children safe and learning in-school is our shared priority. We thank you in advance for actively participating in keeping our students healthy and well.
In acknowledgement of Palm Beach County’s current positivity rate of 15.5% and many parents’ shared concerns, Grandview has provided an optional secondary start date of September 8th.
Please review Grandview’s updated Fall 2021 policies in their entirety here: [Health & Safety Guidelines]
As excited as we are to celebrate the start of a new school year, we have made a few adjustments to ensure we are doing so as safely as possible. In an effort to decrease risk of transmission within our community, please note the following calendar adjustments:
- Aug. 7th: New Family Social - Canceled
- Aug. 9th-10th: Orientation - Occurring with Covid protocols
- Aug. 25th: August Community Breakfast - Canceled
- Aug. 31st: The Grandview Journey - Postponed
- Sept. 8th: Secondary Start Date
- Sept. 8th: Remote Learning Session Starts
If you have any questions about Grandview’s updated policies, we encourage you to contact Head of School, Jackie Westerfield: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grandview will continue to assess and revise plans as circumstances change. However, despite the current health concerns, please know that our commitment to an engaging, safe, and in-person learning experience for our entire community remains steadfast. We can’t wait to see you soon!