Grandview Preparatory School is a finalist in two categories in the 2020 Palm Beach Illustrated Education Awards
Grandview Preparatory School is pleased to announce that our institution is a finalist in two categories in the 2020 Palm Beach Illustrated Education Awards! Voting is currently open through September 20th and winners will be announced during the third week of that month during a virtual event.
Grandview is currently a Top 5 finalist in Palm Beach County for:
Award for Institutional Excellence
This award will be presented to a Palm Beach County institution that has demonstrated exemplary achievements in academic excellence and student success, has championed diversity and inclusion, and has effectively engaged in community outreach and partnerships.
A small yet diverse group of learners, Grandview Preparatory School in Boca Raton seeks to develop individual and collective potential by keeping matters of the heart as prioritized as matters of the mind. Grandview, founded in 1997, is an independent college preparatory, nonsectarian, coeducational day school enrolling PK3-Grade 12. In class and beyond, students develop transferable skills such as public speaking, teambuilding, research and critical thinking that are key for success in college and life beyond. They discover their talents, engage in meaningful activities, and contribute to the community.
Grandview currently partners quarterly to give back to organizations such as Boca Helping Hands, Kindness Matters 365, Forgotten Soldiers, Back to Basics, Inc. and Humane Society of Palm Beach County.
After transitioning to remote learning in March 2020, Grandview continues to modify and strengthen its remote (and hybrid) learning program to ensure it aligns with the school’s core values along with being robust, flexible and personalized. Grandview was one of the first Independent schools to develop a comprehensive phase 1 re-entry plan for the 2020-21 academic year offering both virtual, in-person and hybrid learning. Their re-entry plan was used as a guide by many other institutions both nationally and internationally. Grandview also invested in many campus enhancements to ensure they’re adhering to CDC guidelines and keeping everyone as safe as possible as students return to campus. Live instruction cohorts of 9 students (to 1 teacher) have been implemented since August 19th, 2020 in addition to offering virtual instruction.
Grandview’s operating plan allows their community to be both preventative and proactive, in addition to being responsive.
Outstanding Academic Program
This honor will be awarded to a single program at a Palm Beach County academic institution. Award criteria include learning outcomes, impact on students and the community, and level of innovation.
What happens when students and teachers band together to instill a more eco-friendly culture on campus? Grandview goes GREEN! Grandview Preparatory School (PK3-Grade 12) in Boca Raton shifted its focus from traditional school colors “red, white and blue” to green in the 2019-20 school year which resulted in several top honors from the Green Schools Recognition Program at Florida Atlantic University’s Pine Jog Environmental Education Center. The Program announced its 2020 Green Schools Awards in May honoring the many incredible teachers, students, school leaders, and community members that made the Green Schools program possible this year.
This year, Grandview Preparatory School received recognition as a:
- 2020 Green School of Quality
- Top 5 Finalist for Green Teacher of the Year for science teacher, Donna Leech. Earlier this year, Mrs. Leech also received the honor of becoming a National Geographic Certified Educator and was recognized as Grandview’s 2019-20 Teacher of the Year.
- Best Green Schools Video: Secondary Education Award, which also came with a monetary gift. This honor is awarded to a school that did an outstanding job explaining their green school story in an especially fun and creative way at the secondary level.
- Gold Status from the Champion Schools program for Grandview's efforts in educating students and the community about the Everglades ecosystem.
As a result, Grandview has now developed a culture of ongoing environmental stewardship and sustainability at school benefiting students, and the planet, for years to come.
Grandview Preparatory School is proud to announce that we were, once again, selected as the sole recipient of the 2020 Best of Boca Raton Award in the Private Schools category by the Boca Raton Award Program. Grandview also won the award in 2019.
Each year, the Boca Raton Award Program identifies organizations that have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional businesses help make the Boca Raton area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2020 Boca Raton Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Boca Raton Award Program and data provided by third parties.
Grandview is grateful for this recognition and committed to providing the best and most well-rounded education for its students. Evidence of this commitment is demonstrated by:
- 100% of seniors accepted to college (2019-20) including (but not limited to) Drexel University, Elon University, Franklin & Marshall College, University of Central Florida, University of Florida, University of Miami, Florida State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, George Washington University, Roanoke College, University of Maryland, Emory & Henry College, University of Denver, Nova Southeastern University, and St. John's University
- State-level recognition at 2020's Energy Whiz Expo
- Recognized as one of Palm Beach County’s 2020 Green Schools of Quality
- Top 5 Finalist for Green Teacher of the Year for Donna Leech. Mrs. Leech also received the honor of becoming a National Geographic certified educator.
- Top 5 finalist in the Palm Beach Illustrated Education Awards for “Outstanding Academic Program” and “Institutional Excellence” in 2019
- Newsweek Top 5,000 Best STEM High Schools
- Over 75 hours of professional development completed by each faculty member to ensure we are teaching to best practices and in line with 21st century demands
- $4.25 million dollar real estate donation toward Grandview Preparatory School’s acquisition of its property
- Grandview is now in complete control of its future having closed October 24, 2019 on the current campus worth over $10 million
About Boca Raton Award Program
The Boca Raton Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Boca Raton area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The Boca Raton Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community's contributions to the U.S. economy.