Each year Grandview hosts a Winter and Spring Scholarship Day where we host curious, engaged and eager students for the school day - we hope this is YOU! Scholarship Day provides prospective students an opportunity to experience Grandview with the intention of simultaneously qualifying for admission and scholarship dollars.
Annual Winter Scholarship Day
Tuesday, November 7th, 8:30-1:00
Annual Spring Scholarship Day
Tuesday, March 5th, 8:30-1:00
Grandview is a warm and welcoming community committed to preparing students for college and life beyond - with a heavy emphasis on life beyond. We work intentionally and consistently with students on a personal level to ensure they are developing the skills needed to thrive in the modern world. During Scholarship Day, prospective students will be introduced to The Five C's through independent and group activities. All students will be paired with a Grandview Ambassador who will serve as their host through the day. Scholarship Day includes:
- Collaborative activity that challenges students to think creatively in a group dynamic.
- 1:1 interview with the Scholarship Day panel for the opportunity to get to know each prospective student on a personal level.
- Lunch and rec time to experience the social component of Grandview.
- Classroom experiences with their peers.
- Written essay to demonstrate their communication skills in written form.
Scholarships are awarded after a thorough review of the student's application materials, their on-campus visit, and their commitment to being an active and positive member of the Grandview community. Scholarship awards range from:
- One $20,000 scholarship
- One $13,000 scholarship
- Three $5,000 scholarships
Note: Grandview accepts Step Up for Students Scholarship funds which can further offset the cost of tuition.
Students that are most successful at Grandview are curious and engaged learners who are active members of their community. The Scholarship Day panel looks extensively at student engagement (both in and out of school) and the level of enthusiasm students seem to have about their learning. Specific requirements for participation at Scholarship Day are:
- A minimum of a 3.5 GPA
- Demonstration of high character as shown in a character reference letter (this letter can be from a teacher, coach, mentor, etc.)
- A record of positive conduct in school
- A completed admission file by November 2nd and/or February 29th