Join our Community!
Founded in 1997, Grandview Preparatory is one of Boca Raton's top private schools for students in Early Childhood through Upper School. Grandview's faculty and staff are encouraged to think creatively and independently with the shared goal of preparing students for college and life beyond while fostering a love of learning, endless inquiry and individual passions. As students are encouraged to think outside the box, so too, is faculty and staff.
Grandview encourages faculty and staff to be active members of the community. You will often find faculty and staff enjoying community breakfasts, family dinners, staff parties, sporting events, performances, etc. We believe that our strong sense of community is one of our strongest assets in our ability to create a positive and fun working environment for our employees.
Grandview places a heavy emphasis on providing balance for both our students and staff alike. As a member of the Grandview community, your need for professional balance is understood and valued. We encourage our staff to take care of their mind, body and soul and provide opportunities to learn more about self-care and overall wellness.
Many members of the community have their children enrolled, which deepens the feeling of a community and a family-like atmosphere. Applicants with children are encouraged to explore the opportunities for their children at Grandview.
Faculty & Staff Opportunities
Grandview Preparatory School does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, and follows fair employment practices.
Successful applicants should possess a strong understanding of student-centered, engaged learning that focuses on quality student-created deliverables that are meaningful to the student. Ideal candidates understand how to cultivate an environment of curiosity, inquiry, choice, and high standards of excellence with an emphasis on durable and transferable skills.
Aligned with Grandview Preparatory School’s 5C’s- community, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and character
- Design curriculum that is experiential centered around real world connections beyond the classroom
- Create and facilitate powerful, interdisciplinary student learning experiences to achieve ambitious learning outcomes
- Formulate data informed instruction and assessment
- Create academic personalization and skills assessment
- Develop regular field work/opportunities with a culminating peak experience in spring term
- Teach full time as a master teacher across different grade levels
- Mentor and inspire students and colleagues
- Become a meaningful contributor to a creative learning community
- Foster relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Be an actively engaged member of the school community and represent Grandview Preparatory School in the larger community in a positive manner
- Advanced degrees preferred, master's degree or higher required
- Extensive experience (minimum of 5 years), particularly with academic personalization and skills assessment, desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self starter with the ability to work independently while actively collaborating in the school community
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Starting annual salary of $75,000, with additional compensation potential commensurate with experience and skills
- Other benefits include medical, dental, retirement match, and daily lunch
- Assistance with relocation
- On-site and flex work: on-site during the school year, flex schedule when students are not on campus or when working on special projects
- Travel: As Grandview develops its global and local study experiences, faculty who design units with culminating experiences will have the opportunity to extend their experience either before or after the student experience with lodging and airfare paid for by the school.
- Include a statement of educational philosophy, resume, and cover letter
- Include a sample research-based unit plan, primary emphasis on durable and transferable skills
- For top candidates, a tour of the campus and an interview
- Demo lesson with students
Contact: Candidates submit documents via email to Laurie Houghton email@example.com.
Grandview is currently accepting resumes for substitute teaching positions for the current academic year.
Please submit applications or job inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the area of employment interest in the subject line.
All subject areas
We'd love to connect with you! Please submit applications or job inquiries to email@example.com and indicate the area of employment interest in the subject line.